DESCRIPTION : Martensitic steel deposit containing fine carbides of W, Cr & V. Excellent resistance to metal- metal wear and "Hot hardness" retention upto 550°C. Electrode for repairs on hot working tools, forging dies, press jacks, hot draw rings, hot cutting and up setting tools.
- Chrome – tungsten-vanadium high temperature abrasion &impact protection.
- Soft fusion, no spatters, self releasing slag.
- Excellent balance of “Hot” wear resistance & machinability( especially when used either with Ferrosteel Plus as a buffer layer or in max 1-2 layers).
- Can be used in both metal forging & well as other tooling dies( cutting.)
KEY APPLICATION AREAS : Hot forging dies, cutting tools, hot working tools
- Especially suited to metal to metal wear applications.
- Deposits are highly crack resistant.
- Alloying elements include molybdenum and vanadium.
- Moderate - High impact resistance with abrasion & erosion resistance.
- Weld metal maintains many of the properties of H13 tool steel.
- Deposits maintain a very sharp edge.
KEY APPLICATION AREAS : For metal to metal wear applications involving steel, manganese steel & cast iron, as well as the repair and reclamation of tools and dies subject to heat checking.